Managerial Ethics: Reflective Practices For Action
2 – 4 hours per week
Drawing from philosophy, psychology, reflective practices and experiential traditions, this IIMBx course is designed for entrepreneurs, managers and leaders who want to work on themselves or with others to examine and develop better ethical practices in their respective organisations. The course explores the ways in which leaders and managers can work with their organisations to create an ethical space to hold values and solve challenges in a caring, mature, and collaborative way.
The objective of this course is to help the participants build more holistic, eco-centric and system-oriented values and approaches. Participants will learn to reflect, interpret, and apply their thinking and feeling in organisational settings. They will learn to trust and verify their own feelings in order to use collective data ethically.
Week 1: What are Ethical Practices
- Understanding Practice
- The Human Element: Commitment
- Collaboration and Sharing: Building Bridges
- Who’s/What Is The Bottomline
Week 2: Removing Ethical Blinders
- Back to Polis: Your Thinking Matters
- What if…?: No two matters are alike
- Inquirer: Ways to connect
- Perceiving: Learning to observe, pick and act
Week 3: Creating Ethical Climate
- Instituting Ethical Practices
- Communicating Ethical Change
- Need for Ethical Practices
- Keeping Up The Momentum
Upon successful completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Apply the new ways to create ethical spaces as taught in the course
- Identify ways to promote ethical practices
- Develop strategies to manage a business from a humanistic perspective and eco-centric view
This is a beginner-level course focusing on holistic, eco-centric and system-oriented values and approaches. Anyone looking for ways to create an ethical space to hold values and solve challenges in a caring, mature and collaborative way can benefit from this course.