General Management Programme for
The young CEO’s guidebook, designed and delivered by IIMB’s IIMBx
Online Learning with
Campus Connect Sessions
The corporate landscape of this day and age has changed in several significant ways. Talented young professionals are being presented with the opportunity to take on senior roles and are given managerial responsibilities quite early in their career. In addition to this, many of them work for startups and SMEs that require them to have a more holistic understanding of businesses in addition to technical knowledge. With a steep learning curve to handle, young leaders frequently struggle to make informed decisions and, as a result, often doubt their own abilities. That’s where we come in. IIMB, with its close association and interaction with industries over the last four decades, understands this challenge and has created a unique programme for the young leaders of today. The programme provides them with a strong foundation in management and gives them the confidence to vault the inevitable hurdles that arise in every successful career.
The General Management Programme for Young Leaders (YLP) aims to achieve the following objectives.
- Provide analytical and communication skills to young managers
- Gain a strong working knowledge in managing different functions like production, marketing, finance and human relations
- Provide confidence in managing accounting and financial matters
- Learn to read the competitive landscape and build strategies
- The programme is delivered using the blended learning format. This means you will learn via classroom sessions, course videos, webinars, and interviews.
- The programme includes a live connect with IIMB faculty through webinars and campus visits. You will be able to discuss industry trends, theories, and real-life scenarios both virtually and in person.
- This programme is designed to help you understand how each management concept is applied in the workplace. Through interviews with industry experts, you will be able to gain a real-world perspective of everything you learn.
- Each course is closely supported by subject matter experts from the IIMBx team. They answer queries, reply to and edit posts, and communicate course updates.
Module 1: Foundations for Management
- Business and Economics
- Organization Design for Creating Competitive Advantage
- Business Communication
- Business Statistics and Analytics
- Accounting for Decision Making
Module 2: Functional Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Corporate Finance
- People Management
- Strategic Management
Case Discussion and Project
Module 1 offers five courses on Foundations for Management
Statistics for Business
Accounting for Decision Making
Learn how to read and interpret financial statements and manage costs to take informed business decisions.
Organizational Design for Competitive Advantage
Module 2 offers five courses on Functional Management
IIMBx is founded on the belief that management education has the potential to transform our educational systems. It is built upon our philosophy to make high-quality education available to everybody regardless of the limitations imposed by location, finances, and prior educational background. Led by the faculty at IIM Bangalore, IIMBx makes the construction of this progressive future possible by offering students online courses and programmes that cover both core and advanced subjects in the fields of business and management.